Saturday 19 June 2010

next stages of sewing project and the stellar boutique

Last night I finally got around to cutting my pieces of fabric for my shorts. That's as far as I got because I then realise I needed interfacing (?) It might seem quite apparent to regular home dressmakers but I am clearly still learning as I hadn't a clue what the stuff was. Still, interfacing has now been researched and successfully ordered.

So this is the story thus far...

I was checking one of my favourite sites this morning (Queens of Vintage) when I came across a really inspiring interview with a newly turned online vintage seller called Stella McClure. I love the fact that she came from selling vintage at market stalls such as Portobello and Greenwich and has now turned her business online.

Naturally I checked out her new shop The Stellar Boutique. To start, it's a really well presented site, very eye-catching for a first-time buyer. Stella provides a wide selection of vintage, divided up nicely into eras which I thought made the products very accessible.

Interestingly enough though, it wasn't the vintage that caught my eye this time, instead it was these pretties...

They are so cute. I'm not a big one for jewellery, but I'll often opt for a long quirky pendant and these fit the bill perfectly. They are buy Lei Rose and the teacup is £12 and the teapot is £15. Think the teacup is the most charming though.

Well I better get on with my day now, I'm going back to my hometown tonight. I can't wait. I love London but sometimes you just need to breathe in a bit of the countryside!

ttfn
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment